It is impossible to summarize Urology treatments in just one page, which may include medical and / or surgical treatments. Care will be provided according to the needs of the patient, the general practitioner, pediatrician or other specialist.
Specifically for Urology, two basic functions for providing care may be established:
In the Office or Examination Room:
– This usually involves the prescription of drugs.
– This also includes techniques that do not require an operating room, such as extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy (ESWL), infiltration, bladder instillations, dilations, iontophoresis sessions, stains and applications of treatments for warts, etc.
Surgery, to be performed in the Operating Room.
– In open, endourological, laparoscopic and microsurgical surgery;
– In scheduled or urgent operations.
– In the case of minor surgery patients (outpatients not requiring admittance such as phimosis or vasectomies), admitted patients (usually for prostate surgery, bladder cancer or renal surgery, laparoscopy, etc.) and those requiring Major Surgery on an Outpatient basis and short stay patients (admitted only for a few hours in the hospital).
Página actualizada el